Table of Contents
Have you diagnosed with diabetes, or are you already a patient of it? If so, you need to be aware of the effects of diabetes and also know about healthcare. You should consult the doctor and know about the medication and healthy habits. Today, we will discuss diabetes and specific self management tips to help you control your blood sugar level. Read on to know more-
Diabetes: Things You Need to Know Now
When the blood sugar level becomes higher than average, it is the condition of diabetes. The condition is related to the pancreas, where this organ releases insulin to help glucose get into your cells from the food.
Sometimes the pancreas won’t produce enough insulin or doesn’t use insulin at all. During this time, glucose remains in your blood instead of passing it into the cells for energy.
Types of Diabetes
Different types of diabetes cause several health issues. Have a look-
- Type 1 Diabetes: If you have Type 1 diabetes, your body cannot produce enough insulin. Usually, children and young adults have this type of diabetes. To keep the sugar under control, people with type 1 diabetes should take insulin every day.
- Type 2 Diabetes: In this type of diabetes, the body becomes unable to produce insulin at all. Though people of all ages can develop type 2 diabetes, usually older people go through this the most. If people with type 2 diabetes have insulin in their body, it is not enough to manage the blood sugar level.
- Gestational Diabetes: This kind of diabetes develops in the bodies of some women when they get pregnant. Usually, it goes away after the birth of the baby.
What are the Complications of Long-Term Diabetes?
While the glucose level in your body increases, it will lead you to several health issues. Too much glucose in the blood can affect your eyes, nerves, kidneys, skin, blood vessels, and heart. If you don’t take enough measures like changes in your lifestyle and go without treatment, high blood sugar levels can cause glaucoma, heart disease, cataracts, stroke, nerve damage, etc. But, with simple self-management skills, you can make your life better.
Self Management Tips to Manage Diabetes
Though there is no permanent cure for diabetes, you can keep the sugar level under control by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you follow a healthy lifestyle, you can stop the side effects of having a high sugar level. Follow these tips to control your sugar level-
- Have a Balanced Diet
If you are a patient with diabetes, you have to be very careful about having a good diet. Your daily diet should include different vitamins and minerals from various fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, whole-grain foods, poultry products, etc. You can consult an experienced dietician to figure out your regular diet chart to control sugar becomes easy. What should be on your plate if you have high blood sugar?
- Keep non-starchy vegetables on half of your plate.
- One-quarter of your plate should have whole grain food.
- One-quarter of your plate must have lean protein.
Based on your meal plan and requirement of calories, you can add a low-fat dairy beside your meal.
- Maintain a Perfect Meal Plan
The eating schedule is not the same for all blood sugar patients. Some of them prefer to have small meals at regular gaps while many of you like a meal at the same time every day. Based on your type of diabetes, the meal schedule gets decided. As per your type of diabetes and the medications, you need to include a fair amount of carbohydrates in your regular diet. It isn’t easy to know who wants what kind of meal plan. That’s why it is always better to consult a healthcare professional so that you can have thorough instructions about your meal schedule.
- Practice Exercise Regularly
This is another crucial plan you need to follow while suffering from diabetes. As per the experts, you should exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes to control your blood sugar level. While exercising, you can control your weight and also reduce the risk factors associated with diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. But, before starting your exercise routine, you should consult your physician. As per your insulin doses and meals, you should go for exercises. Thus, you won’t get low blood glucose.
So, here you get enough information about self management tips for maintaining the blood sugar level. Besides all these tips, you can also use CBD oil as a supplement to keep your blood sugar level under control. Visit https://thecbdgear.com/best-cbd-oil-for-diabetes/ to know more about the usage of CBD oil and the way it helps to control the diabetes.